Address any enquiries to:
Pixel Image Ltd
15/16 Queen Street
Edinburgh EH2 1JE
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- What type of information we collect
- We currently collect and process the following
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- We currently collect and process the following information:
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website or online systems (including browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths and pointer activity);
(b) information that you provide to us when registering with our website or online systems (including your email address);
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address;
(e) information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or online systems or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
(g) information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name and the content of your posts);
(h) information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website or online systems (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
(i) any other personal information that you choose to send to us
3.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal information submitted to us through our website or online systems will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer our website, online systems and business;
(b) personalise our website or online systems for you;
(c) enable your use of the services available on our website or online systems;
(e) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
(f) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(g) send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
(h) send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
(j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
(k) keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
(l) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
4.3 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Retaining personal information
6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of personal information
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide in an encrypted format on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
7.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.4 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website or online systems).
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
8.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
9. Your rights
- Your right to rectification – You
have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You
also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any
charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to
respond to you. provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- Please contact us at email@example.com or 15/16 Queens St, Edinburgh, EH2 1JE if you wish to make a request.
- You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
9.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, if you have previously opted in.
10. Third party websites
10.1 Our website and online systems includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
13. Data protection registration
13.1 Pixel Image Limited’s registration number is: ZA409381
14. Our details
14.1 This website is owned and operated by Pixel Image Ltd.
14.2 We are registered in Scotland under registration number SC204703, and our registered office is at 15 East Cromwell St, Edinburgh, EH6 6 HD, UK.
14.3 Our principal place of business is at 15/16 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JE, UK
14.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
(d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.